Our mission is to teach our students the skills necessary for appropriate interpersonal behaviors. Our goal is to provide a positive school environment, which will enhance the learning process and allow our children the opportunity to excel in their academic careers and personal development.
The Spirit Qualities of Self-Directed Learner and Respectful Citizen are life skills and behaviors, which enhance a student's ability to learn. By emphasizing these qualities, we are helping students take responsibility for their learning by setting goals and improving performance. Students will be preparing for a successful future by learning these behaviors now.
- sets, achieves and re-evaluates goals
- is consistently prepared
- works collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- is cooperative in sharing time and talents in the classroom and school
- acts responsibly by meeting the requirements of assigned tasks
- perseveres through difficult and challenging tasks
- organizes time, tasks, and materials
- invests time and effort in producing neat, organized and high quality work
- demonstrates respect for self and others
- respects school property and the property of others
- is honest and fair
- maintains positive relationships with peers, staff, family, and community
- resolves conflict peacefully
- contributes to a safe and positive school environment
- demonstrates responsibility toward the school, community, and country
The following is an example of the Spirit Quality grading scale:
A grade of a 4 means that a student consistently (at least 91% of the time) meets the standard established for the Spirit Qualities.
A grade of a 3 means that a student often (between 82 - 90% of the time) meets the standard.
A grade of a 2 means that a student is beginning (between 73 - 81% of the time) to meet the standard.
A grade of a1 means that a student needs help (below 72% of the time) to meet the standard.
Honor Roll status is determined by Academic and Spirit Quality performance each trimester. The qualifications for honor roll are as follows:
| Honor Roll|| Qualifications|
| A|| All grades of "A" and|
all SQ marks of 4
| A/B|| All grades of "A" or "B" and|
all SQ marks of 3 or 4
| B|| All grades average to a "B" and|
all SQ marks average to a 3